Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Family Security Matters - 10/21/08

Obama the Brand vs. Obama the Man - a Democrat Says It Ain't Pretty
By Lynette Long

"I have given my loyalty to the Democratic Party for decades. My party, which is comprised primarily of women, has not put a woman on a presidential ticket for 24 years. My party was disrespectful to all women when they refused to nominate my candidate, Hillary Clinton, for president or vice president, even though she received more votes than any other Democratic or Republican candidate in history. My party stood silently by as Hillary Clinton was eviscerated by the sexist attacks of the mainstream media. My party's candidate was mute when Rev. Jeremiah Wright and Father Pfleger openly mocked Senator Clinton from the pulpit of Trinity United Church of Christ. My party's candidate was silent when the rapper Ludacris released a new song calling Hillary a bitch. My party's candidate chose Larry Summers, the former President of Harvard, who said women can't do science and math. Well here I am Mr. Summers, let's talk. Neither my party nor its candidate has demonstrated in this election that they hold women in high esteem." [more...]


Cowering in the Geopolitical Corner: When We're Weak, We're Vulnerable
By Nicholas Guariglia

If one were to sum up the public mood for the past seven years, it would go something like this: from September 11, 2001 until January 2008, the public largely overlooked a healthy economy because it was upset with what it considered to be a failed foreign policy. But now, since the beginning of this year, the sustained gains from the military surge have allayed fears about Iraq, and the struggling economy – high energy prices, a federal deficit, collapsing entitlement programs, a housing bubble crisis – has emerged to the forefront of the public's worries. [more...]


Egads! - Biden Guarantees International Crisis if Obama Elected
By Carol Taber, President of FamilySecurityMatters.org

Could Senator Biden be warning us that Senator Obama is not prepared to be Commander in Chief of the world superpower's armed forces? Or, as John Bolton, former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations put it, “Leaders around the world see Obama as soft, untested, weak and very naive."

"Mark my words," Senator Biden warned ominously, “It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator President of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy." [more...]

No comments: